Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hot Wheels at the Children's Museum

Getting caught up and trying to get organized. The Children's Museum in Indianapolis, a true jewel for me as both a toy aficionado and parent, hosted a traveling display of Hot Wheels and associated items. This was in 2012.
I played with many of these as a child, and was drawn more to the "realistic" models over the more fanciful ones. My friend and I spent many hours building roads in the dirt or using wooden blocks to make highways. Sadly, I didn't keep any of these toys.
Life Size Twin Mill



I am now more interested in vintage "Matchbox" cars, but still appreciate the skill that went into the design of these toys. Plus, I admire any fan that can create a life size version of one of their toys.















1 comment:

madhu said...


Thank you so much for sharing this blog with us.Please visit my blog birthday return gifts to get some important information.